Sunday, June 8, 2008

Hope for the best

With my vacation coming to a close, only a 2 days left, I've had a lot of extra time to browse the Heroes Inc forums among other WoW related articles. I've been thinking a lot about the expansion and the issues that it might cause the guild. Some of those are sparsely being talked about now but I'm afraid that might get worse as the expansion gets closer. Granted this is all coming from a perspective which has no access to the in game side and only to blogs and forums, so I could be completely wrong in me saying there might be issues. There could be no real problem, it all comes off a little more harsh in text after all. Anyways I really do hope for the best. Heroes is the best guild I've been in as far as progression goes and while former members might disagree; I haven't experienced anything beyond what we've accomplished. So it's all wonderful coming from my eyes. Hell if Heroes splits up completely I'll go back to being an orc ;P.

It seems that the raiding night is set on Wednesday now, which is fine for me. However, I was really looking forward to continuing 25 mans. I know it was an extremely tedious process for the guild admin to put together those groups, plus we almost never had a full 25, which hinders our over all chances for success. But I loved them just the same, perhaps I'll take Ferth's suggestion and put together a daring group of heroes to kill Gruul the potty pusher or Mag fire crotch. BTW those are my names for Gruul and Magtheridon. Here are the reasons why:

Gruul the Potty Pusher- When tanking a boss you always get a nice view of their crotch, feet and muscly legs. When tanking Gruul he often casts cave in and from my view the big brown boulders fall right between his legs giving the impression that well...he is pushing some potty. Another reason for this name is because before the pull Gruul definitiely looks like he is having some trouble getting those brown boulders out. A little immature I know, but these are for my enjoyment only :P.

Magtheridon Fire Crotch- Pretty simple, all I see is flames and big lizard crotch.

ANYWAYS back to the subject of raiding and such. Like I said I loved 25 mans, more so then anything I've seen in the game so far. I guess it's because they're all new to me and the mechanics are more challenging then most 10 mans. Although Zul'Aman is definitely a kicker, and it's pretty high on my list of my favorites instances. The problem I have with leading groups is that I'm often too quite(which I am trying to fix by screaming at inanimate objects daily) and tend to be too nice or not as aggressive as a leader should be in order to push his/her group forward. I know some of you are saying, "What the hell are you a warrior for? Much less a tanking spec'd one?" Well my answer to that is that I don't think you need to have an aggressive attitude to be a tank. Yes, you need to be aggressive in picking up mobs, knowing who is controlling what, whose the most likely to steal aggro(Ferth) and any many other details, but that doesn't include being aggressive in terms of the way I act on vent. I guess everyone has their own ways of doing things but I've definitely heard some very aggressive tanks on vent in a couple Horde guilds I was in long ago. Yelling and screaming, lots of swearing, and the like. It might have gotten the job done, but I'm sure someone other than me just wanted to let the tank crash burn with no heals or any support. In any case hopefully I'll get my foot in the door and start being more assertive.

2 comments:

Bacon said...

Nice read, Aleks. You and I suffer from the same vent issue, we either dont talk enough or not at all.
:)

Alex said...

Thanks Bacon. It's fun listening to all you crazy grown ups :P.