Monday, June 23, 2008

Down a familiar road...

Well I hate to say it, but I seem to be getting quite burned out while playing WoW, more specifically my warrior. Not sure the reason, although I know part of the problem is complete and utter boredom whenever I log on. I'm not sure if this burn out is directed at WoW in general or just that character, I have yet to really figure that out. In any case I'm trying to take a break and distance myself from the game in some ways to possibly renew that lost spark I had a couple months ago. I'm hoping this is just a sort of 'dry spell' which everyone seems to be going through.

Since the expansion is still months away a lot of people I know on AoS have stopped playing for now only to rejoin when the expansion hits, but I dont think I'd be able to just stop playing until then. Knowing that I could be doing professions, raising moneyzzzz, killing critters and all that jazz within that gap between now and WotLK. I dont really know though, its all up right now.

HELP ME DR. PHIL! Whats wrong with me!?

5 comments:

Bacon said...

Well, I'm not Dr. Phil, but I have experienced the same thing you are going through. Fortunately for the two of us, we have another lvl70 character to do something with. So there's an option. Another thing I did was respec feral on Bacon and tanked Kara. Even though I was wearing my PVP healing shoulders and rings (for the stamina), I was able to tank Curator. So maybe a respec to Fury might be a little change for you. Just some thoughts.

Unknown said...

Bacon's right what you should do is change to a different warrior spec, i actually immersed myself in both the Fury (for PVE) and MS/Flurry(for PVP). I am now having huge amounts of fun playing a warrior its almost like having three different characters. I will admit though that the PVP startup can be very frustrating because your success depends on gear. I used to do nothing but tanking and the change to DPS has really re ignited the spark.

An BTW the gear you get for PVP and Fury realy helps on bosses like shade of Aran, the other night in prot spec with my DPS gear on i did 893 dps/sec on him.

Unknown said...

BTW this Dario

Bobby said...

It's the lull before the expansion...everyone is feeling it right now. The same thing happened as the last expansion pack neared.

I think cutting back is good, and will help, and make the expansion pack even more rewarding when it's released.

PvP is another solution..unlike PvP, there is no end (or at least an end, that our guild has hit)..it's something that's fun to continue to do until the expansion is released.

Alts, respecs, these things can help too.

Personally, I'm going to be cutting back a bit, and PvPing a lot more, and PvEing less between now and the expansion. Also getting my paladin to 70.

Lakini said...

I can't imagine what would be more boring than being a prot warrior in a guild that doesn't raid.